I’ve found a few upcoming events that could be worthwhile for folks in ecommerce to attend. At PayPal, there are several PayPal/Jupiter Research events in March about "how to grow your business in what appears to be a slowing economy". They will be visiting five US cities and will have a large retailer present in each city to discuss ecommerce strategies for growth.
Also, over at Sitebrand, they are hosting a Webinar on Thursday, March 6th entitled Jon Stewart or Oprah: What’s your Online Store’s Personality?. The webinar is free and will cover topics including:
- the 4 types of people browsing your site
- how to adjust your design to speak to each type appropriately
- what type of messaging and incentives optimize conversion
- what features will trigger action for each type
- creative ways retailers speak their language
If anyone attends these events, we’d love to hear your feedback. Post a comment here or talk about it in the ecommerce forums.