Facebook is certainly a smart place to advertise your products. But it can sometimes be a challenge when it comes to finding an audience for your business.
This tutorial outlines a few tips on how to create the right audience when advertising on Facebook.
- Create a custom audience. This is when you create an audience from your existing data, like a customer list.
- Use customer lists to create a custom audience by exporting a CSV or TXT file of your customer list from your Shopify Admin and upload it to Facebook. Using identifiers like your customers’ email addresses or phone numbers, Facebook will help you find the audience you want to reach.
- Use website traffic to create a custom audience. If you have the Facebook pixel installed on your website you can serve Facebook ads to people who have visited your online store.
- Use Facebook engagement to create a custom audience. Try targeting people who’ve spent time watching your videos on Facebook, who have engaged with one of your ads, or interacted with your business Page. You can control how many days Facebook should go back when collecting engagement data.
- Increase your reach with lookalike audiences and connect with new people. Lookalike Audiences consists of Facebook users with similar or 'lookalike' profiles to the people who currently engage with your business.
- Analyze and refine your custom audiences with Facebook’s Audience Insights tab. By paying attention to your audience insights, you can easily tailor your campaigns to meet the needs of your current customers and grow your business by targeting *new people who have similar buying behaviors.
Build an online store for your business with your new skills.
Shopify has everything you need to start selling, all in one place.
Try Shopify free for 14 days, no credit card required.